For years, contractors have leaned on the Knapheide Drop Side Contractor Body to handle the heavy-duty jobs.
Contractor Grade Dump Bodies
Knapheide’s Drop Side Contractor Bodies have everything a contractor needs including drop sides with cheater boards for increased load capacity, a double-acting tailgate for both drop down and spreader applications, behind the cab trip lever for quick access to dumping operation and an aerodynamic tapered bulkhead for improved visibility. Standard body lengths stretch from 12′ up to 18′ for one ton up to medium-duty chassis. Carry up to six cubic yards of bulk material in one load with a Drop Side Contractor Body.
- Rugged 7-Gauge Steel Construction on the Floor, Side Rail and Tail Skirt (12’ model utilizes 10-gauge high strength steel)
- Understructure Features Structural Steel Long Sills and Cross Sills for Enhanced Floor Strength
- 14” Tall Drop Sides with Cheater Board Pockets for Increased Load Capacity
- Versatile, 24” Tall Double-Acting Tailgate in Order to Accommodate Both Drop Down Pickup Style and Spreader Applications
- Behind-the-Cab Trip Lever for Easy and Convenient Dumping
- 19” Tall Bulkhead Designed to Accept Various Extensions to Match Specific Cab Height (bulkhead extensions and cab protectors must be ordered separately)
- Drop Sides Feature Sloped Self-Cleaning Lower Rails
- Rust-Resistant Punched Chassis Tail Light Window in Tail Skirt and Rear Window in Bulkhead
- Electrodeposition Prime Paint
- Knapheide Toolboxes – Steel
- ICC Bumper
- Platform/Dump Body Receiver Hitch