Swenson tailgate spreaders are uniquely designed and engineered to work seamlessly with all standard dump body tailgates.
Get Quote or Buy Now!
This family of proven products includes the S-Series, R-Series, Hitch Mount, and STCC.
These versatile products are designed for new or retrofit applications. Tailgate liquid spray systems are available. As with any piece of Swenson equipment, your tailgate spreader is fully backed by a company-wide commitment to customer service and support that is second to none. Providing unmatched customer service is the reason why, after 75 years, Swenson remains the industry leader.
Matching your performance needs to your application needs is critical to selecting the right Swenson Tailgate Spreader.
With a complete line of rugged equipment to choose from, Swenson’s Value Advantage makes it easier than ever to make the right choice. Use the information and the chart below to best determine which Swenson Tailgate Spreader is best suited for you. We pride ourselves on our innovative product offerings and understanding how to match the right equipment with the proper material to give you solutions that meet your needs. If you are considering a new piece of equipment, we encourage you to take the Swenson Challenge. Simply take any products designed and built by Swenson Spreader Company, and compare it, feature by feature, with any other similar product available. You will quickly discover for yourself the Swenson Value Advantage.
- Size Specifications: 88″ or 96″ wide x 23″ tall x 16.5″ deep – 395 lbs
- Capacity: N/A
- Construction: Corrosion resistant stainless or painted carbon steel
- Flow Rate: 4′ to 40′ spread pattern
- Steel Gauges: 10 gauge trough
- Safety Features: Electric Interlock System
- Warranty Details: 1 year warranty
- Options: Vibrator kit, left drop/center drop
- Salt / Sand Mix*
- Magnesium Chloride
- Treated Rock Salt
- Clear Path Ice Melt
- Designed for 15,000 + GVW trucks
- RTEL replaces existing tailgate on your dump body
- The electric drive RTEL utilizes your truck’s electric system so no expensive central hydraulic system is needed
- Amperage draw of 100 amps total
- Patent pending Electric Interlock System (EIS) permits disabling of auger when opening bottom door or top cover
- Separate electric motors allow independent control of the auger and spinner
- Anti-flow plate prevents material free flow and helps minimize material waste
- Dual speed variable controller allows for separate independent control of the auger and the spinner disc
- Hinged bottom door for easy clean out and blockage removal
- Mounting kit with 1-1/4” hinge pins adapt to various makes of dump bodies
REPLACEABLE VS. UNDER TAILGATE SPREADERS
If the distance from the ground to the floor of the dump bed is less than 44 inches, the Replaceable Tailgate is right for you.
Swenson’s Replaceable Tailgate family is designed to replace the entire tailgate for applications where the distance from the ground to the bottom of the tailgate limits the use of an under tailgate spreader.
If the distance from the ground to the floor of the dump bed is greater than 44 inches, then choose the S-Series Under Tailgate Spreader.
The S-Series Under Tailgate Spreaders have height-adjustable spinners and are designed to install below the existing tailgate. This provides a variety of spreading solutions when the dump body is higher than 44 inches above the ground. The S-Series is available in multiple configurations.